Nerf Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nerf mods! Nerf reviews! Everything Nerf! Great for first time modders!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snap Improvements

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Techshooter

Techshooter

Snap Improvements  Empty
PostSubject: Snap Improvements    Snap Improvements  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:52 pm

So, basically I was bored and I wanted to build myself another snap, but didn't have the right materials so I improvised materials to make a snap in under 1 hr.

Materials

1in. to 3/4 PVC reducing bushing
1 1/4in. PVC
k26 spring (or something similar)
clothespin
angle iron of something with a 90degree angle
1in. to 1/2in. PVC reducing bushing
A roofing nail
2* 3/4 in. endcaps
3/4in. PVC
short screws
electrical tape
wire
3/16” x 1.5” rubber fender washer
#6 Finishing Washer
5/32 x 7/8 washer
Hot glue

I am ONLY going over the improvements because their are so many other snap construction writeups on Nerfhaven and Nerfrevolution, and the only thing that I skipped is the trigger, which is pretty simple.

First, you will want to get your 3/4in. PVC and endcaps. Cut your PVC to a length of 3/4in. long.

Snap Improvements  Dizzy271
(This is an exploded view of the finished product).

Now, drill two 1/8 holes in the center of your two endcaps:

Snap Improvements  Dizzy272

Next, get your wire and cut it to about 2ft. so that you have a lot of room to work with. Put your wire through the hole in one of your endcaps and twist is up really well (I would recomend adding hot glue to it).

Snap Improvements  Dizzy273

That will now act as your plunger rod (where you will put the spring). Assemble your plunger rod how Carbon did in his writeup with the RFW in front, but just use a normal screw to screw the RFW on.

Now, get your 1in. to 3/4in. reducing bushing and shove a 1/2 long piece of 3/4in. PVC into it:

Snap Improvements  Dizzy269

Now assemble the back half of your snap with everything in it (plunger head, spring, ect.) on the back of your plunger tube (1 1/4 in. PVC) and screw the 1in. to 3/4in. bushing on:

Snap Improvements  Dizzy274

The only other thing I did differently was that I wrapped a 1in. to 1/2in. PVC reducing bushing in e-tape and gooped that in (don't forget to use screws). Now finishe it yp with following Carbon's writeup and your done! If you have built a snap befor than you should be able to make this in about and hour.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Snap Improvements  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snap Improvements    Snap Improvements  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:37 am

pics arent working.
Back to top Go down
https://nerfmania.board-directory.net

Snap Improvements
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nerf Mania :: Homemade-
Jump to: